Thursday, April 30, 2009

big change

sooo..

a friend from 2 months back told me about an eye surgery company that has a special price going right now.

so i looked it up and yea.. looked alright.

just so happens that one of our other friends just had their eyes done there too! like a month before.. so i asked them all the questions like procedure and what they go through and what happens..

they looked fine.. and theyre eyes were good too. no more glasses :D

so i went in for a consultation.

got my eyes checked by 2 machines as well as the normal optometrist tests where u look at a lighted chart with letters etc.

then they used this gadget that touched my eye to measure how thick it was (anthesthetic drops were used before that)

i was all good to have surgery.. soo i decided to do it :D

a couple of weeks later..

i had it done :)

i was abit.. nervous.. but not too bad..

just happened that i saw a guy that just came out after his surgery in the waiting room so i asked how he was going.. he can see.. but he said his sight was abit blurry hehe.. good to know :)

i took 2 tablets before the surgery when i arrived.. i guess to calm the nerves..
went in.. put on a hairnet cap thing.. and shoe covers

walked into surgery room..lay down on the table with the machine..

the doc put some sticky tape kind of thing on my eye and open the middle to hold my eyelids open.. then a clamp was put in to hold my eyes wide open.. eye drops etc were used

the doc explained everything that was happening.. i didnt see much but looked at the red light of the machine for the whole thing :P

heard the laser machine with the electric noises.. that took about 10 seconds.. and yea.. it was pretty quick.. there was some pressure on the eyes as they cut my cornea or smth

they put the cornea back on.. more eye drops.. then went on to the other eye.

in whole the process was ok.. no pain.. just pressure and staring at the red light =P sometimes green light hehe..

afterwards i sat in a dark room for abit..
they explained the stuff i hav to do afterwards like eyedrops etc.

then i waited in the waiting room for my sis to pick me up :)

the medicine i took before the operation made me quite sleepy.. and my eyes kept watering cause of the light. i guess i was quite light sensitive.. couldnt really open my eyes normally

so went home.. i can only fully open my eyes in the dark =P

eyes felt abit tender so i couldnt realy touch around it.. even the eyelids @_@.. owch

i showered n slept pretty much the whole arvo/night away eheh

woke up mid morning.. did some packing for my upcoming trip.. then went back to sleep =P

wow.. i never slept at 6pm before heh.. woke up at like 4 when i decided to pack my bags abit..
then went back to sleep to wake for normal work hours :)

eyes healing still :)

went back this mornign for checkup.. doc said wow it was a big diff (my eyes were quite bad back then with glasses =P)

now it takes 2 days for eye to physically heal

and then 2 months for my eyesite to settle down :)

so we'll see what happens in 2 months ^___^

at the moment its clear.. i can see well.. but its abit blurry around the edges cause of the light..
i think im still abit light sensitive :)

all good ^_____^